I won this swag pack from International Studies Abroad (ISA) for answering their trivia questions correctly, telling them a brief story from my time abroad, and telling them a fact about where I stayed.
The trivia questions were:
- Who designed the Sydney Opera House?
- Which ISA city has 42 beaches and is a center of surfing activity (hint: it’s in South America)?
- Name 2 of the 3 languages that are spoken in Morocco.
- Which ISA country has the highest density of robots in the world?
- Jorn Utzon
- Florianopolis, Brazil
- Modern Standard Arabic and Berber
My story was:
When I went abroad to Australia I went to a friend’s house and I heard the sounds of rustling and scratching coming from the fireplace which was boarded up. We removed the board to reveal that a possum had scurried down the chimney with its baby on its back. My Australian friend said, “Well, if that isn’t the most Australian thing to happen… Looks like it’s time for me to move far far away. My landlord will not like this one bit”
Fact: I learned that in the city of Newcastle, where I stayed, their biggest export was coal.