It’s officially just past #PSL season, which means it’s time to put on our cozy knits, binge watch Netflix, light a million candles, and excitedly cancel plans with friends. Even though we all look forward to fall and winter, the novelty of the season can wear off quickly as the days get shorter and the weather gets colder, lowering our mood and affecting our health.
People often joke about “winter blues” and Seasonal Affective Disorder, but it’s actually a diagnosable type of depression that is prompted by cold weather and less sunlight (and affects 5% of Americans).
Continue reading “4 Ways to Up Your Mood When the Weather is Down”
How Journaling helped my Depression and Anxiety:
Bridget Jones may have been on to something when she penned her thoughts, dreams, and struggles in her diary. She used her diary to figure out relationships, job struggles, and more. Journaling can be an amazing tool for mental health and self-care.
Writing in a journal helps to decompress and sort out thoughts. It has been proven to reduce Anxiety and Depression when utilized alongside therapy . Anxiety and Depression are among the most common mental illnesses in the United States. Over 18% of the population suffers from Anxiety disorders. Depression is the worldwide leading cause of disability.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. These tips are from personal experience only. They are in no way a cure, therapy, treatment or a guarantee. They are not a substitute for, the knowledge, skill, and judgment of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians and health care professionals.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: How Journaling helped my Depression and Anxiety by Summer K-Hadden”
Thus far, this a complete list of Wellness Wednesday guest bloggers. Therefore, this post will be updated as necessary. I try to feature new subjects but, I will repeat topics with new or unique perspectives. ***Last updated February 12, 2020.
Previous Wellness Wednesday Topics:
- SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER (SAD).
- COPING WITH SUICIDE.
- ANXIETY/DEPRESSION AS AN ENTREPRENEUR.
- DAILY HABITS TO ACHIEVE HAPPINESS.
- EMOTIONS WITH FIBROMYALGIA.
- BREAKING BAD HABITS UNDER STRESS.
- ALONE TIME.
- WHAT MOTHER’S REALLY WANT FOR MOTHER’S DAY.
- ANTEPARTUM DEPRESSION.
- MANAGING BUSY MOM LIFE.
- MEAL PREPPING.
- ANXIETY FOR CHRISTIAN MOMS.
- HOW TO EAT PLANT-BASED.
- FRIENDSHIP BREAK-UPS.
- JOURNALING FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION.
- THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU DON’T WANT TO WORKOUT.
- SELF-CARE WITH ZERO TIME.
- CBD MISCONCEPTIONS.
- STARTING SMALL.
- EMOTIONAL PAIN.
- SEEKING HELP.
- HOLIDAY OVEREATING.
- NON-APPEARANCE RELATED REASONS TO WORKOUT.
- RELAXING AFTER WORK.
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
- ANXIETY COPING STRATEGIES.
- WAYS TO STOP PROCRASTINATING.
- DAILY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS.
- GOOD SLEEP HYGIENE.
If you have an article or post you’d like to submit send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a chance to be a Wellness Wednesday guest blogger if you’re a good fit! Read the requirements below.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday Guest Bloggers Archive”
- Firstly, articles must be written in English.
- At a minimum, posts should be at least 300 words in length.
- Specifically, posts must relate to wellness, health, fitness, mental health, or self-care.
- Also, in order to be a guest author you must have your own blog or website.
- Finally, if including affiliate links there needs to be proper disclosure.
If you’re a blogger, business owner, or some combination of the two, you’ve undoubtedly felt the pressures of increasing workloads and imminent deadlines.
But how does one handle these day-to-day stresses in the face of mental health issues like anxiety or depression? Or, as can often be the case, what should one do if work is the cause of anxiety and depression?
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Dealing with Anxiety and Depression as an Entrepreneur by Nicole Starbuck”