It’s officially just past #PSL season, which means it’s time to put on our cozy knits, binge watch Netflix, light a million candles, and excitedly cancel plans with friends. Even though we all look forward to fall and winter, the novelty of the season can wear off quickly as the days get shorter and the weather gets colder, lowering our mood and affecting our health.
People often joke about “winter blues” and Seasonal Affective Disorder, but it’s actually a diagnosable type of depression that is prompted by cold weather and less sunlight (and affects 5% of Americans).
Continue reading “4 Ways to Up Your Mood When the Weather is Down”
Thus far, this a complete list of Wellness Wednesday guest bloggers. Therefore, this post will be updated as necessary. I try to feature new subjects but, I will repeat topics with new or unique perspectives. ***Last updated February 12, 2020.
Previous Wellness Wednesday Topics:
- SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER (SAD).
- COPING WITH SUICIDE.
- ANXIETY/DEPRESSION AS AN ENTREPRENEUR.
- DAILY HABITS TO ACHIEVE HAPPINESS.
- EMOTIONS WITH FIBROMYALGIA.
- BREAKING BAD HABITS UNDER STRESS.
- ALONE TIME.
- WHAT MOTHER’S REALLY WANT FOR MOTHER’S DAY.
- ANTEPARTUM DEPRESSION.
- MANAGING BUSY MOM LIFE.
- MEAL PREPPING.
- ANXIETY FOR CHRISTIAN MOMS.
- HOW TO EAT PLANT-BASED.
- FRIENDSHIP BREAK-UPS.
- JOURNALING FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION.
- THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU DON’T WANT TO WORKOUT.
- SELF-CARE WITH ZERO TIME.
- CBD MISCONCEPTIONS.
- STARTING SMALL.
- EMOTIONAL PAIN.
- SEEKING HELP.
- HOLIDAY OVEREATING.
- NON-APPEARANCE RELATED REASONS TO WORKOUT.
- RELAXING AFTER WORK.
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
- ANXIETY COPING STRATEGIES.
- WAYS TO STOP PROCRASTINATING.
- DAILY POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS.
- GOOD SLEEP HYGIENE.
If you have an article or post you’d like to submit send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a chance to be a Wellness Wednesday guest blogger if you’re a good fit! Read the requirements below.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday Guest Bloggers Archive”
- Firstly, articles must be written in English.
- At a minimum, posts should be at least 300 words in length.
- Specifically, posts must relate to wellness, health, fitness, mental health, or self-care.
- Also, in order to be a guest author you must have your own blog or website.
- Finally, if including affiliate links there needs to be proper disclosure.
My Seasonal Affective Disorder by Sophia Garner
I’ve always dreaded the winter months, literally since I can remember. The thought of it getting colder, wetter and darker just makes me want to hibernate.
I first remember feeling the dread of winter back at high school, when you’d look outside the classroom window and it was already getting dark before the final bell. The thought of walking home in the dark would make me want to stay at school! Even worse than the dark evenings, was the terribly cold and miserable mornings. I would find it almost unbearable to drag myself out of bed, which I and other people around me usually put down to me just being lazy!
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: My Seasonal Affective Disorder by Sophia Garner”