In November 2018, I started my blog, HONEYBUNNYTWEE.COM. Here’s why I started blogging.
At 23 years old, I worked with brands and paid collabs on Instagram as a side hustle. At the time, I had a little over 7,000 followers from slowly gaining them for years. My followers like my bold makeup looks, fun/trendy accessories, and sparkly style. According to friends, I “mastered” Instagram and it was cool because I was a “real girl” i.e. not perfect or skinny. As a side note, I’m not shaming the perfect and skinny IG people; I genuinely believe body positivity, confidence, and self-love come in all shapes and sizes.
However, I wasn’t satisfied with just showing images of my life, because I had so much more to share and I want to make a positive difference.
My AHA moment was when I remembered a blog I start for a Communications class in college. I realized that I wanted to start writing again. Multiple friends told me, “Why bother? Blogging is dead; stick to Insta because it’s popular.” At first, I hesitated but then I saw an ad about having my own website and I went for it!
What I did when Starting my Blog
Initially, I started:
- SEO optimized my old posts,
- created a business Pinterest,
- designed my logo:
- learned basic web design,
- researched by read articles on blogging
- wrote many drafts
- and published new posts.
Guess what happened?
Surprisingly, not only did people read it, someone reached out to me to be a guest blogger and I started a weekly “Wellness Wednesday” guest blogging post. Currently, I have sponsored posts, and am still growing with affiliates. I’m even an affiliate for my favorite makeup brand, Too Faced Cosmetics! Occasionally, I have bloggers reaching out to be featured on my website and I’m confident that I’m getting my messages across about kindness and wellness.
Additionally, I didn’t give up on Instagram either, I recently hit 10,000 followers in early December of 2019. I pride myself on never buying followers and likes and only taking collabs or sponsorships for products and services I would use myself.
However, I can’t take all the credit for reaching 10k on Instagram. I’m so grateful to all my friends either in real-life or who I’ve met on the app who encourage me to keep going by interacting with my content. I’d also like to give a special shoutout to my “Instagram boyfriend” Ryan who always helps me achieve the perfect shot after a ton of tries. I by no means have a professional camera or a professional staging area, but he helps me do the best with what I’ve got and I appreciate that.
So What Now?
Most importantly, the best is yet to come, I’m still growing, and still learning. I’m learning to provide better content for you (the readers) more intentionally and hopefully adding some value and positivity to your lives! If even only one person smiled or took something away from reading my blog, I consider that a success!
Do you Own a Blog? If so, why did you Start? Comment Below!
Additionally, if you’re a blogger and you’d like to collaborate with me please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t already have a blog, read my post on “How To Become a Blogger” to get started.
Please Subscribe to my Blog
- Wellness Wednesday: Self-Care for Beginners by Emelie Greenwood
- Why Finding A Hobby Can Be Great For Your Mental Health
- Wellness Wednesday: How to Boost Your Sleep Hygiene for Better Mental Health, Even When You’re on a Budget by Cheryl Conklin
- Wellness Wednesday: Daily Positive Affirmations and Why You Want To Use Them by John Meeks
- Why I Started my Blog by Honeybunnytwee
Follow Me on Social Media for the Latest Posts and Updates
- Instagram: @honeybunnytwee
- Pinterest: pinterest.com/honeybunnytwee
- Facebook: facebook.com/honeybunnytwee
- Twitter: @honeybunnytwee
- Tumblr: honeybunnytwee.tumblr.com
- Snapchat: @honeybunny26
- Meetup: meetup.com/members/279190987
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/thuylinhtphan
- Bloglovin’: @honeybunnytwee
- Mix: mix.com/honeybunnytwee
- Poshmark: @honeybunnytwee
- Reddit: reddit.com/user/honeybunnytwee
- Yelp: Thuy-Linh “honeybunnytwee” P.