Meal Prepping can be the easiest thing you do…. or the most difficult. It really all depends on how you approach it. I enjoy meal prepping because it saves me time during the week, not to mention the savings in money and unnecessary calories. But – I will admit it was definitely intimidating at first. I was trying to follow what an already-fit person was doing, who’s life revolved around meal prepping and working out.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: The Beginners Guide To Meal Prepping by Carolina Edson”
6 Tips for Managing Busy Mom Life
Being a mom means being busy. As if moms aren’t busy enough, we also have other roles we play such as, wife, employee, student, etc. Some days the many responsibilities can become overwhelming, adding stress and anxiety to the mixture of busyness. Managing these responsibilities can be just as stressful as the number of responsibilities themselves.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: 6 Tips for Managing Busy Mom Life by Mallory Richardson”
So often we hear of postpartum depression, but we rarely hear of another equally-severe diagnosis: antepartum depression.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: What I Wish I’d Known About Antepartum Depression By Tiffany Thomas”
As someone whose lived in Florida their whole lives, if there’s one thing I can’t stand more than slow drivers and people who chomp straight into ice creams like some barbarian, it’s allergies. And if you’ve been here even a couple weeks or months, then you’ve had to face the bipolar weather, the extreme shifts in temperature and all the “fun” that comes along with it.
I can’t tell you how many patients come in everyday suffering from allergies, mistaking it for a cold many times or even the flu and usually in most cases, spending their entire mornings –if they’re lucky; to over pay for some antibiotics that probably won’t help you and come to find out that most of your prescriptions are over the counter. And yes, that means 99% of the time, unless you have a Medicaid plan, they don’t cover it. So before you go and spend all that time, effort, and tears, let’s go over a few things.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Damn, Allergies by Alexandra Palacios”
What Mother’s Really Want For Mother’s Day?
It’s almost that time again. Yes, Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and you might be wondering what the perfect way to celebrate the woman in your life would be. We should be appreciating our moms every day of the year but we just get used to everything our moms do for us that we forget to appreciate and thank them for all their efforts day in and day out. That’s why it’s nice that there’s a day dedicated to our super women.
You might be thinking about splurging on all kinds of awesome stuff (and go ahead and do that too because why not) but I’m here to spill the tea. Here’s my confessions of life as a new mom and what I really want this Mother’s Day. I’m sure all or most over-worked and over-tired mums everywhere can relate. Here’s my list of 10 things to make this Mother’s Day perfect.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: What Mother’s Really Want for Mother’s Day by Cendu Param”
Everyone needs “alone time”. This is time to recharge your batteries, appreciate the quiet and not have people in your face asking for things. I like this time. Honestly, I used to absolutely hate quiet time because I didn’t like to be alone with my thoughts. These days, I appreciate it a lot more. I can relax, color and read in peace, among other things.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Alone Time is a Wonderful Thing by Wrae Sanders”
It will be almost impossible to find someone without stress. It affects our everyday lives and creates a huge impact on our daily habits. It’s very common to develop negative habits as a way to cope with daily stress and disappointments. Some drown their sorrows in food or alcohol, others numb themselves in front of the television or complain endlessly to friends without making any effort to change their situation.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: 10 Ways to End Bad Habits During Times of Stress By Wasifa Ahmad Hasan / Rosemary Lombardy”
Thus far, this a complete list of Wellness Wednesday guest bloggers. Therefore, this post will be updated as necessary. I try to feature new subjects but, I will repeat topics with new or unique perspectives.
- SELF-CARE. Why Self-Care is Critical to your Health.
- SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER (SAD). My Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- COPING WITH SUICIDE. 10 Ways to Cope When a Loved One Commits Suicide.
- ANXIETY/DEPRESSION AS ENTREPRENEURS. Dealing With Anxiety and Depression as an Entrepreneur.
- DAILY HABITS TO ACHIEVE HAPPINESS. Five Daily Habits that will Increase Your Happiness.
- FIBROMYALGIA. Five Emotions you may Experience with Fibromyalgia.
- BREAKING BAD HABITS UNDER STRESS. 10 Ways to End Bad Habits in Times of Stress.
- ALONE TIME. Alone Time is a Wonderful Thing.
- WHAT MOTHER’S REALLY WANT FOR MOTHER’S DAY. What Mother’s Really Want for Mother’s Day.
- ALLERGIES. Damn, Allergies.
- ANTEPARTUM DEPRESSION. What I Wish I’d Known about Antepartum Depression.
- MANAGING BUSY MOM LIFE. 6 Tips for Managing Busy Mom Life.
- MEAL PREPPING. The Beginners Guide to Meal Prepping.
- YOGA. Terrible Reasons you Don’t Practice Yoga Yet!
- ANXIETY FOR CHRISTIAN MOMS. Anxiety Coping Strategies for Christian Moms.
- HOW TO EAT PLANT-BASED. A How to Guide on Eating Plant-Based.
- FRIENDSHIP BREAK-UPS. Dear my ex-best friend(s), Thank you, Next.
- JOURNALING FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. How Journaling helped my Depression and Anxiety.
- THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU DON’T WANT TO WORKOUT. 30 Things you can Do When you Don’t Want to Workout.
- VERTIGO. Vertigo, Anxiety, Meditation and the Mind.
- SELF-CARE WITH ZERO TIME. How to Rock Self-Care Even if you Have Zero Time.
- CBD MISCONCEPTIONS. What I Wish Everyone Knew about CBD.
- STARTING SMALL. Start Small with Strength Exercises
If you have an article or post about health and wellness, self-care, fitness, or mental health email them to me. You’ll get a chance to be a Wellness Wednesday guest blogger if you’re a good fit!Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday Guest Bloggers Archive”
Emotions You May Experience With Fibromyalgia
In addition to the physical symptoms a person experiences, there are a lot of emotions you may experience as well. Here is a list of the top five Emotions you may find yourself facing when you receive a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia or if you have been living with Fibro for quite some time.
Five Daily Habits That Will Increase Your Happiness by Tammi Solis
You are ready to find your happiness. You are ready to work towards it every day because you know it’s possible and I’m ready to share all my happiness tips with you. Like I’ve said before, I’ve been on my own journey to find happiness for a really long time. And I feel like I know a thing or two about this whole happiness thing. Let’s get started with five daily habits that will increase your happiness.Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Five Daily Habits That Will Increase Your Happiness by Tammi Solis”