10 Easy Ways to Relax After A Long Day At Work
If you’ve been trying to find new ways to relax and recharge after a long or stressful day at work instead of parking yourself on the couch watching Netflix, this article has you covered.
You work hard, so of course, you deserve to relax and free your mind form the super long or stressful day you just had.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: 10 Easy Ways to Relax After A Long Day At Work by Yoli McLeod”
The Problem Within the Solution
Are you tired of being told you have to add x,y, and z, to your crammed schedule, in the name of self-care? You already don’t have time to breathe, (a huge reason why you need the damn self-care to begin with). Now your’e being told to up the crazy, in the name of self- care? Riddle me that! There is a way of rocking your self-care like a ninja, so that it seamlessly weaves itself into your every day activities, (without having to cancel, switch, or pencil anything extra in). With this self-care trick I’m sharing with you, you can rock self-care, even if you have zero time.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: How to Rock Self-Care, Even if You Have Zero Time by Lisa Latimer”
How to Look and Feel Great From Head to Toe
Every now and then most people go through a stage in their lives where everything feels a bit ‘meh.’ Sometimes life gets so busy that your focus is lost and you stop taking as much care of yourself. If you have stopped looking after your appearance, you may feel like you no longer recognize yourself when you look in the mirror. When life gets busy, or you have lots on your mind, it is so easy to get stuck in a rut both with your appearance and with life in general.
If you are feeling stuck and no longer feeling good about your appearance, you may not have the motivation to do anything about it. Here are some of the ways you can break free from your style rut, feel positive about your appearance, and regain your focus.
Continue reading “How to Look and Feel Great From Head to Toe”
What Mother’s Really Want For Mother’s Day?
It’s almost that time again. Yes, Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and you might be wondering what the perfect way to celebrate the woman in your life would be. We should be appreciating our moms every day of the year but we just get used to everything our moms do for us that we forget to appreciate and thank them for all their efforts day in and day out. That’s why it’s nice that there’s a day dedicated to our super women.
You might be thinking about splurging on all kinds of awesome stuff (and go ahead and do that too because why not) but I’m here to spill the tea. Here’s my confessions of life as a new mom and what I really want this Mother’s Day. I’m sure all or most over-worked and over-tired mums everywhere can relate. Here’s my list of 10 things to make this Mother’s Day perfect.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: What Mother’s Really Want for Mother’s Day by Cendu Param”
Everyone needs “alone time”. This is time to recharge your batteries, appreciate the quiet and not have people in your face asking for things. I like this time. Honestly, I used to absolutely hate quiet time because I didn’t like to be alone with my thoughts. These days, I appreciate it a lot more. I can relax, color and read in peace, among other things.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Alone Time is a Wonderful Thing by Wrae Sanders”
It will be almost impossible to find someone without stress. It affects our everyday lives and creates a huge impact on our daily habits. It’s very common to develop negative habits as a way to cope with daily stress and disappointments. Some drown their sorrows in food or alcohol, others numb themselves in front of the television or complain endlessly to friends without making any effort to change their situation.
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: 10 Ways to End Bad Habits During Times of Stress By Wasifa Ahmad Hasan / Rosemary Lombardy”
Thus far, this a complete list of Wellness Wednesday guest bloggers. Therefore, this post will be updated as necessary. I try to feature new subjects but, I will repeat topics with new or unique perspectives.
- SELF-CARE. Why Self-Care is Critical to your Health.
- SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER (SAD). My Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- COPING WITH SUICIDE. 10 Ways to Cope When a Loved One Commits Suicide.
- ANXIETY/DEPRESSION AS ENTREPRENEURS. Dealing With Anxiety and Depression as an Entrepreneur.
- DAILY HABITS TO ACHIEVE HAPPINESS. Five Daily Habits that will Increase Your Happiness.
- FIBROMYALGIA. Five Emotions you may Experience with Fibromyalgia.
- BREAKING BAD HABITS UNDER STRESS. 10 Ways to End Bad Habits in Times of Stress.
- ALONE TIME. Alone Time is a Wonderful Thing.
- WHAT MOTHER’S REALLY WANT FOR MOTHER’S DAY. What Mother’s Really Want for Mother’s Day.
- ALLERGIES. Damn, Allergies.
- ANTEPARTUM DEPRESSION. What I Wish I’d Known about Antepartum Depression.
- MANAGING BUSY MOM LIFE. 6 Tips for Managing Busy Mom Life.
- MEAL PREPPING. The Beginners Guide to Meal Prepping.
- YOGA. Terrible Reasons you Don’t Practice Yoga Yet!
- ANXIETY FOR CHRISTIAN MOMS. Anxiety Coping Strategies for Christian Moms.
- HOW TO EAT PLANT-BASED. A How to Guide on Eating Plant-Based.
- FRIENDSHIP BREAK-UPS. Dear my ex-best friend(s), Thank you, Next.
- JOURNALING FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. How Journaling helped my Depression and Anxiety.
- THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU DON’T WANT TO WORKOUT. 30 Things you can Do When you Don’t Want to Workout.
- VERTIGO. Vertigo, Anxiety, Meditation and the Mind.
- SELF-CARE WITH ZERO TIME. How to Rock Self-Care Even if you Have Zero Time.
- CBD MISCONCEPTIONS. What I Wish Everyone Knew about CBD.
- STARTING SMALL. Start Small with Strength Exercises.
- EMOTIONAL PAIN. Top 5 Tips On Healing Your Emotional Pain.
- SEEKING HELP. It’s Okay to Seek Help.
- HOLIDAY OVEREATING. 15 Tips to Prevent Holiday Overeating.
- NON-APPEARANCE RELATED REASONS TO WORKOUT. 6 Reasons to Work Out that Have Nothing to do With Looks.
- RELAXING AFTER WORK. 10 Easy Ways to Relax After A Long Day At Work
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. Give Yourself the Gift of a Healthy Lifestyle: Tips for Busy People
- ANXIETY COPING STRATEGIES. My Anxiety Story: Plus a Few Coping Strategies
- WAYS TO STOP PROCRASTINATING. 25 Ways to Stop Procrastination The Ultimate List
- GOOD SLEEP HYGIENE.
If you have an article or post about health and wellness, self-care, fitness, or mental health email them to me. You’ll get a chance to be a Wellness Wednesday guest blogger if you’re a good fit!
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday Guest Bloggers Archive”
Five Daily Habits That Will Increase Your Happiness by Tammi Solis
You are ready to find your happiness. You are ready to work towards it every day because you know it’s possible and I’m ready to share all my happiness tips with you. Like I’ve said before, I’ve been on my own journey to find happiness for a really long time. And I feel like I know a thing or two about this whole happiness thing. Let’s get started with five daily habits that will increase your happiness.
(THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS)
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Five Daily Habits That Will Increase Your Happiness by Tammi Solis”
What is Self-Care?
Some people consider self-care indulgent and selfish, but
self-care is critical to your health. In fact, neglecting self-care can
actually cost you, leading you to burnout. As Susan Noonan, M.D. writes at Psychology Today, self-care “is
often one of the first things to go when you are overcome with emotional
problems and mental illness…. But self-care behaviors are one of life’s basic
necessities and not just superfluous luxury items, or the cherry on top.”
Continue reading “Wellness Wednesday: Why Self-Care Is Critical To Your Health by Brad Krause”